Tuesday 25 June 2024

Trolley 715

Various errands in town this morning, the heaviest of them being dropping off most of the books recovered from a litter bin at reference 2 off at the local Oxfam shop where they do a good trade in secondhand books. It already being hot at 11:00 or so, I was glad to pass them on.

Back to check out the Kokoro passage, where there were two B&M trolleys (chained together) plus a basket. Not having the release coin, I strolled back to B&M with the basket, by which time I thought the answer was to buy a bottle of water from the convenience store hard by what is now the Post Office, having forgotten to bring one with me. Bag to put it in, but no bottle. Armed with change, back to the market square to pick up some more cherries from M&S, this time sweethearts rather than the rabbits of yesterday - but the product of the same research station in British Columbia. Perhaps they are UN lead on dessert cherries. See reference 3.

A little trouble checking the cherries out of the food hall as I got into a muddle about on which side to put the stuff you had scanned. The chap of middle years next to me got a bit unpleasant when I failed to understand that he was trying to put me right, but a comfortable M&S lady of middle years came over and dealt with him, returning to deal with me. I dare say she has lots of bother with older customers who can't do the technology. In mitigation, I argued that in Waitrose it was all the other way around, but I am not so sure now. She, a sensible lady, just agreed with me.

Strolled back to the Kokoro Passage with my cherries, where I was able to liberate the trolleys and return them to B&M. And I got my investment back. Noting in passing that the dent in the front of the left hand trolley in the snap above appeared to match the column against which it was resting.

Decided that it was too hot, even for a Screwfix circuit, so settled for Court Recreation Ground, passing an older gent. in a smart bowler hat, shorts and braces on the way. He knew all about the days when bowler hats were almost uniform for the general foremen and clerks of works on building sites in London. Cheese-cutters for the tradesmen. Knotted handkerchiefs for the rest. Odd how the other bastion of the bowler was the city gent.

Part of Court Recreation Ground, quiet and peaceful in the hot, late morning sun. You would not think from this snap that you have the Surrey helicopter circling overhead at night on a regular basis. Quite a pain for us as the circuit seems to include flying right over our bedroom.

A walnut coming on on the small tree on the edge of the vets' car park.

PS: cherries doing very well. Maybe 200 of the 650g left. No duds so far. The final score with yesterday's cherries was one dud.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/06/trolley-714.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/06/grilled-chop-ends.html.

Reference 3: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetheart_cherry.

Group search key: trolleysk.

No comments:

Post a Comment