Thursday 6 June 2024

Trolley 699

Trolley 699, was a presently rare capture of a Sainsbury's trolley from the creationists' pad in East Street, on what had been my way back to town after trolley 698.

On the way, taking in all the litter in the front garden of the special needs/supported living pad in the same street. I dare say the supporters would say that they are not paid enough to worry about litter. And anyway, not our job. We do indoor support, not outdoor litter picking.

A new-to-me Wilrose dustcart turning into Victoria Place. Not sure what such a thing would be doing there, but no doubt legitimate interest. Or I have got the street wrong. See reference 4.

On the way back to Sainsbury's with the trolley, I came across this handsome dandelion clock. The telephone would go bigger, but it lost some depth of focus, and I though smaller was better in this instance. The telephone was also suggesting going into something called 'macro mode' which has caused me trouble in the past. But without my working out what it was.

This morning, Bing tells me that it is all about advanced focus for close-up shots, something that I am trying to do a bit of. So maybe I will take a proper look a bit later on.

But what was interesting on this day was the possible presence of the spirals of the phyllotaxists (for whom see, for example, reference 2). Would they be visible under all the fluff? Answer yes, but I have not yet worked out where the central growth zone was and I did not think to carry the thing home for detailed inspection. Work in progress.

Parked the trolley in the stack at the front of the store and then headed for home down Middle Lane where I came across a fine display of alstroemeria, at least three different sorts, of different heights and colours. It was less intrusive to snap some of the tall ones.

Nearer home, I noticed that a big, handsome eucalyptus had had a fairly serious haircut, probably some weeks ago now. I suppose it was going to have to be done at some point and that it will grow back. Rather dark against the sky beyond, despite this last being overcast and dark itself.

While the big Scots pine a bit further along is so far unscathed, although looking a bit thin after the run of hot, dry summers. A pity that mobile phones had not been invented when we first moved to the area thirty years ago as I cannot bring anything other than the current image to mind at all - and it would be nice now to have a snap of it as it was then.

At least I have always thought of it as a Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris), but looking at reference 3 this morning I am not so sure! I had better take a closer look at the needles.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/06/trolley-698.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/06/last-hurrah.html.

Reference 3: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinus_sylvestris.

Reference 4: https://wilrose.co.uk/.

Group search key: trolleysk.

No comments:

Post a Comment