Friday 23 September 2022

Trolley 533

On the Kiln Lane circuit yesterday, I had thought to take two trolleys from the creationists in East Street, but on my way out the mighty janitorial man of reference 2 invited me to take a third. His English was more or less non-existent but I think we agreed that students can be very messy. Which took me back to my own (rather unwashed) student days.

I suppose from his point of view, my taking three saved him a job, while my taking just the two did not. But from my point of view, I was reminded that wheeling three trolleys on an uneven pavement is a great deal harder than wheeling just two. Not a linear relationship at all. Not an issue in the car park at Kiln Lane which is flat and smooth, and where it is possible to wheel long strings of trolleys.

Once again, the small trolley line was empty when I arrived, although a string did arrive just as I was depositing my three - less the one that an old gentleman who did not want a large trolley had confiscated en-route.

Over the footbridge out back, to find the story from Burgh Heath Travis Perkins confirmed. The RAPT bus garage, formerly Epsom Coaches, had indeed closed and so it was entirely possible that Travis Perkins were going to take over the site, far bigger than their current premises a few hundred yards down Blenheim Road. I wondered how many times I had walked past the (side of the) garage without realising that it had closed. See reference 3 for a fairly recent notice of the place.

The sign outside the butcher still claims that it is going to open today. But it was hard to see how that might be midday yesterday. No action to be seen at all. Let's hope the case is not terminal.

One large black rubbery washer added to my collection. About an inch across and probably intended to help join up some plastic pipework.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2022/09/trolley-532.html.

Reference 2: https://www.mitie.com/.

Reference 3: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2022/06/trolley-518.html.

Group search key: trolleysk.

No comments:

Post a Comment