Wednesday 10 April 2024

Trolley 669

A small trolley from the M&S food hall, captured yesterday by the (free) cash machine outside Tesco's outside Epsom Station.

It found a friend on the way down through the Kokoro Passage, keeping company with a flock of trolleys from B&M. Must be something about the people that shop there.

Having returned the trolleys, prompted by the low flying sun to the west, I made a rare visit to JD Sports to buy a peaked cap, the sort of cap which might be called a baseball cap. A bit dear at £20 or so for a scrap of sturdy white cloth, but it did the job and I dare say it would have been much the same anywhere else. Didn't think to look in T K Maxx. And maybe, it being the end of a long day, I would not have bothered if I had.

Home to be asked by NatWest for a side selfie in connection with some business I have with them. I discovered that one could do this for oneself if one was patient - or perhaps fifteen years old - but in the end I got BH to do it for me, Samsung having mislaid my attempt. So maybe the phrase 'selfie - side profile' is a bit of a nonsense. Just another corporate pretending to be hip and up there with the shifting argot of the young. Parsons are another group who like to pretend in this way. I also discovered that while they might have rebranded to NatWest, away from the tainted RBS, on the streets, some of their web addresses still include the banished letters.

PS 1: I read in today's print Guardian that Stonegate, one of our big pubco's, owned by the TDR Capital previously noticed, most recently at reference 2, may be in a spot of bother over its debt mountain. Have the Issa brothers followed the example set by Macquarie with Thames Water and stripped out a few too many divis? Oddly, a story which makes the Guardian, but which does not seem to have got into the Financial Times.

PS 2: another memory problem. I had thought that there was a very rich lady, more or less in charge at Macquarie, but I think I must have got muddled up with one Georgina Rinehart, a very rich Australian lady who is very big in the mining world. So both Macquarie and the lady exist, and they are both Australian, but neither Bing nor Gemini know of any other connection.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/04/trolley-668.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/02/erratum.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment