Saturday 30 March 2024

Trolley 662

After dealing with No.661, the plan was to carry on up East Street (it really is up heading towards Kiln Lane, up enough to be a bit of a pull on a bicycle on a bad day, enough of a pull that one is quite pleased when the light is red at Kiln Land and one can take a breather).

But then, I caught sight of a trolley parked at the front of the creationists' residence. A trolley which turned out to be a rather battered trolley from Wilko, so no use to me. I can't see the Wilko administrators wanting anything to do with it, so I suppose that somebody else will end up taking it to the tip.

I think there was a short string of Sainsbury's trolleys next to the smoking den, but I didn't care to push in that deep and the string may have been a bit long for me anyway.

So carried on, to be surprised by a Waitrose trolley on the other side of the road. A big deal as not only do I not get a lot of Waitrose trolleys these days, up East Street is more or less unheard of. No question of proceeding to the footbridge leading to the gas depot. It had to be taken back to town.

To be entertained as I waited to cross at the Spread Eagle cross roads by the two mature ladies behind me plotting out their expedition to town. They were really pleased that B&M had come to town and it sounded as if they were going to spend a happy hour poking around in there. Perhaps popping into Wetherspoon's after that for a spot of refreshment.

While I went back over West Hill to admire our new temporary worktops in the kitchen, which we installed in the pause between Day No.7 and Day No.8 of our kitchen refurbishment; that is to say while we wait for the new worktop to be made and fitted. I went the Full Monty with old chipboard, work bench, carpenter's box, the works. Left and centre. BH contented herself with borrowing one of the shelves from one of the new cupboards, not yet needed. Right. We were both very pleased with ourselves.

PS: the chap who came to measure up for the new worktops did not do anything so old-speak as to wield a tape measure or to cut out paper templates for the factory to work to. He just had a laser enabled contraption on a tripod linked to some kind of laptop linked to his telephone. And I just had to make my mark on his telephone and that was that. Hopefully whatever turns up will be the right colour and will fit. 20mm of resin bound stone filings is the plan - the stone equivalent of MDF.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/03/trolley-661.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment