Tuesday 23 July 2024

Grand parent management

I was quietly dozing in my chair in the extension yesterday afternoon, when I became the subject of a planning exercise by our two granddaughters, in duplicate. With the duplicate making up in visibility what it lost in detail.

The idea was to prise me out of my chair, propel me through the kitchen where some make believe bribe was to be offered, and then on into the garden where I was to be allowed to sit down again, in the shade. An entertainment was to be provided.

As suggested by the tick lower right in the top copy, the plan was successfully executed. 

After which we all had a go at picking the duck weed out of the microponds. In the course of which I learned that the green scales mentioned at reference 1, had grown to about the size of chickpeas and mostly floated off. Perhaps floating off was the preferred method of dispersal in their native waters in the eastern states of the US. Search key: golden club or Orontium aquaticum.

PS 1: wherever did the elder granddaughter learn such stuff? In training to become a management consultant in the future? Or at the very least, a systems designer.

PS 2: while this evening I was taken in hand in a different way. My Kindle was not in the special red (Welsh tweed) bag that it is supposed to live in when it is not being used. I didn't want it particularly, but I did want to know where it was and started looking in all kinds of exotic and unlikely places, to no avail. While BH, some time later, but straight off, said 'have you looked in among all the heaps on your bedside table'. And there it was, having somehow crept to the bottom of one of said heaps. How long would it have been if I had been left to my own devices? The latest news being that I was last using it to read a book by the late Oliver Sacks, 'The Mind's Eye' of reference 2. Will I now be able to put together when and why I was looking at this particular book?

PS 3: maybe there was a sub-text about the number of such heaps and that maybe there should be fewer of them. Jenga is a game for downstairs, not upstairs.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/06/trolley-704.html.

Reference 2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mind%27s_Eye_(book).

No comments:

Post a Comment