Friday 5 May 2023

Samsung: day three

Continued to fiddle about with the new toy, building confidence and making some progress.

More contacts.

Made a start on copying appointments across. Some ups and downs of the Samsung calendar application compared with the Microsoft one on the old phone, but so far the new application seems better overall. A better fit with what I want to do.

Ran out of data on the way to Kingston, so visited the O2 store, where I was attended to after a short wait by a young lady with immaculate light blue nails, with sparkle. Oh sir. Your contract with O2 is absolutely ancient. Not suited to the world of today at all. I use more data than you have used in a few days in a few hours. Why don't you upgrade to a shiny new contract with lots more data which costs you a fiver a month less? This seemed like a good idea and data is once again online. I also have lots of more or less unintelligible messages and emails from O2. Oh sir. Your contract with BT is massively overpriced compared with what you could get from Virgin - with whom O2 are now partnered. I could save you £50 a month. Which is annoying, even if I do get a good service from BT. Think about that one in slower time.

Learned how to turn off the sound. Remembering a tale about difficulties in this department with a Huawei phone from a correspondent, it all seemed too easy - but we shall see. In any event, this morning I have learned how to power down, so I will have that up my sleeve too - provided that I do it often enough to remember how to do it.

Prompted by its high visibility on the new phone, did some tidying up of my OneDrive, getting rid of a lot of old stuff - mainly snaps - which I no longer need. But synchronisation of snaps on the new phone with OneDrive still not happening.

The new wrapper from Snakehive turned up. Despite all the young people all around me handling their more or less naked phones with great confidence, I was not happy doing this. My grip did not seem very secure at all. So much more comfortable now that I am gripping a substantial chunk of leather again.

PS: regarding all the messages from O2, I suppose we have to live with small print. The world is complicated and it is not usually possible to reduce things which are important to a couple of short sentences using no long words, to a tweet. We either have to trust people or to read the small print.

References

Group search key: sst.

No comments:

Post a Comment