Sunday 15 January 2023

Farmers' sausage termination

A few days ago we polished off what was left of the farmers' sausage from Krakus first noticed at reference 1. This time, BH having read somewhere that it looked and tasted better sliced, we had it sliced. And better it indeed was.

Otherwise, much the same drill as last time, but I thought to liven up the mash with some cheese sauce. Overall verdict, not bad but not worth the money, this sausage having come in at around £20, or £5 a portion plus a few bits left over. Furthermore, we found it fiddly to peel. The casing was described as inedible, but did not peel off in a clean way at all. 

So we shall have to wait until we find a real boiling ring for the next venture in this direction.

Sausage rounded out with a blackberry and apple crumble. No custard in sight, so not clear whether this was its first or second outing, with custard often accompanying the first outing.

PS 1: readers may have noticed that I take an interest in exotic sources of energy. See, for example, reference 2. In which connection reference 3 caught my eye. Sadly it came in the form of a video, which I do not do. I don't want a talking head to deliver my news together with lots of flashy & flashing pictures and gushing at scale: I want something which has been rendered down into the written word which I can consume in peace and quiet at my own pace. Let's hope the FT does not move too far in this direction, or I may be obliged to jump ship to the New York Times - reputable in other ways, but, so a correspondent informs me, is even more Guardian than the Guardian.

PS 2: gushing at scale is something which I particularly associate with archaeology programmes on television. Not that I would watch them anyway, not being my thing at all.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2023/01/boiling-ring-not.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2022/05/hydrogen.html.

Reference 3: Can superhot rock energy be delivered at scale? - Myles McCormick, Financial Times - 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment