Tuesday 4 June 2024

Trolley 696

A small M&S trolley from their food hall, captured outside the station, the day after the Derby. A trolley which became two with the addition of the medium trolley parked at the other end of the scaffolding.

Those with good eyes may be able to pick it out from the first snap, but it is a bit easier going with a zoom of the relevant section. The bright patch in the middle, just below the fat pole.

Having stopped on the way to snap one of the flowers on the Liriodendron tulipfera on West Hill, mentioned in the previous post. Not doing terribly well this year for some reason. At least not so far.

Moving on, I first came across GeoGebra in the autumn of 2020. At the time I thought it would be a good thing to use when teaching mathematics, particularly the sort of geometry one used to do for 'O' and 'A' levels when I was small. Also, possibly, for the preparation of geometrically flavoured diagrams that I was then interested in. Better suited than Powerpoint, very good though this last is as a general purpose graphics tool. In the event, although I got myself a GeoGebra login, I made little if any use of it. 

Then this afternoon, in the course of working my way through reference 2, helpfully turned up for me by Google when I was looking for something else, I come across an animated diagram supplied as the GeoGebra program at reference 3. Snapped above in use. A very helpful addition to the paper: one learns a lot without much trouble or effort at all.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/06/trolley-695.html

Reference 2: Phyllotaxis as geometric canalization during plant development - Christophe Godin, Christophe Golé, Stéphane Douady – 2020.

Reference 3: https://www.geogebra.org/m/atpsecjr.

Group search key: trolleysk.

No comments:

Post a Comment