Thursday 30 May 2024

Trolleys 693 and 694

The first of these was a now rare trolley from the creationists' accommodation block in East Street. And, unusually, an M&S trolley rather than the usual Sainsbury's.

By the time I got back to town, two more M&S trolleys had appeared in the Kokoro Passage, so the day's hail was rounded out by them.

After their return, I settled for going back over the hill, rather than going for the Screwfix underpass, let alone further afield.

To admire the gas works on Clay Hill Green, with a six inch plastic main being laid right across it - at a depth of maybe 2 feet. I would have thought rather more was needed, but no doubt they know what they are at. I also thought that laying one a run of the cast iron pipes used when I was young would have been a lot more work.

Presumably all to do with the work being done in Hookfield on the other side of West Hill.

The pipe was headed for a square chamber, which has been the subject of serious work in the past and which I has thought was to do with gas rather than water, but there were no clues that were any use to these eyes.

I think that these vents used to be at knee level, but perhaps they moved them to the stop of the pole which is centre in the chamber snap above to stop passing youth pushing stuff into them.

PS: the New York Times at least is still sending me lots of advertisements for carabiners following their mention at reference 2. They might, of course, be firing on my having visited a shopping page for same in search of a snap. Either way, quite a long time after the event.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/05/trolleys-691and-692.html.

Reference 2: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/05/ullman.html.

Group search key: trolleysk.

No comments:

Post a Comment