Thursday 4 July 2024

Trolleys 723 & 724

Trolley 723 was captured at the start of the ramp leading up and out of the Kokoro Passage. A small trolley from the M&S food hall, a trolley which at least two ladies would have liked when I arrived at a stack full of larger trolleys.

While I was there, topped up on English cherries and French sausage, that is to say from Bastides.

Then back to the passage for the other trolley there, this one from B&M. The rather small trolley area - between the tills and the front window - was busy when I got there, including one lady with a large trolley full of stuff. No idea how she was going to get it home and I did not like to ask.

Then on around the Screwfix circuit to a DIY lunch, BH being otherwise engaged.

Elderly courgettes which needed using up (5 minutes), bread and cheese, cherries. I thought the telephone did quite well here, considering it was facing a sun-lit window. Cherries from Robert Hinge of Kent, variety Grace Star. OK, but not great. Rather to my surprise, Bing turned up quite a lot of him, starting with reference 2 below.

The cherry trees in question may be found in Ham Green in the snap above, green dots (I think) being flower, fruit and vegetable growing. Oddly, the Ordnance Survey search function knew nothing about Ham Green or Upchurch. Gmaps did rather better.

And I got on much better with the evening cherries, from A. R. Neaves, also of Kent, variety Kordia. With the M&S supply arrangements meaning that they have supplies from several suppliers on their shelves at any one time, but all packaged in the same format. Bing turns him up at reference 3, from which the snap above is taken.

PS: I learn from a correspondent that I have become known to at least one member of the M&S team. Rather in the same way, I suppose, as I notice familiar faces in the market square. Faces which are familiar to me, but which belong to people whom I do not yet know to talk to.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/07/trolleys-721-722.html.

Reference 2: https://upchurchmatters.blogspot.com/2018/06/farmer-robert-hinge-and-history-of.html.

Reference 3: https://www.arneaves.co.uk/.

Group search key: trolleysk.

No comments:

Post a Comment